<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9360881?origin\x3dhttp://nightsoliloquy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
thankful
One year has almost passed - eleven months to be more precise.

Somehow I spent a lot of time thinking about my next step, but acted very little upon it. Why? Was I overconfident about it? No, not really. A part of me wondered how much I wanted to go home, or did I want to stay out of the country for a longer period of time.

Inside me, I said silently, let's leave it to Providence.

Providence indeed. I've lived all my life and never really believed things to fall into place so perfectly - like the signs indicating that it is the perfect opportunity. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Funny how things work out, and I'm actually going home now - and very convinced it is time to do so.

Friends - When I moved out of the country, it started to dawn on me who I wanted as friends. In a moment when I was a little lost and disappointed, trying to find an equilibrium to bounce back to normal, I found back real friendships. Felt extremely touched because of their gestures. That very moment, I felt blessed. Because of these lovely people, I think I became less resistant to the idea of going home. (Sidenote: I found very kind and true friends here, but far less and few between and they are based here also for a definite period. Which means this place is not their permanent home.)

Way of thinking - I wouldn't say that I've totally transformed into another person. I would say, that living abroad, I learnt to see from more than one culture - how people think and rationalize. I might not totally agree with all perspectives, but I'm pushed out of the environment that I am used to and I'm exposed to an international environment.

Career - proved to be a good first step. People doubted the decision from the beginning and I stuck to my beliefs. Glad to have braved the storm.

While I'm writing this, and my almost-one-year stint coming to an end, I am overwhelmed by gratitude. My eyes were opened this year. Spent plenty of time reflecting, and I am glad I took this time - it paid off in all ways. Career and life introspection. I gained much more than I expected.

it's 8:51 PM now on Tuesday, April 26, 2011



Globetrekker..
Planning next destination:
Ohio, USA; Mexico City, Mexico Been to: Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Brazil, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Tunisia, Germany, England, India.
Goodbye
  • Alexa
  • Jess
  • Laura
  • Marinovsky
  • Shubhangi
  • Wan Xin

    resources
    X X X X
    slayerette