.. finally concluded. 2.5 weeks out of the office. Someone asked me why I chose to come to Asia. Honestly, I've been to both places (Vietnam and Hong Kong) and the touristic draw wasn't there for me. I wanted a challenge and refreshing change in the work I am working on, and the Asia leg provided me with the chance (which Estonia did not)..
And indeed, on the professional side, I was happy with the new experience I had in delivering a launch. I had poured much effort into conceptualizing the presentation, gathering input into the delivery and coordinating the giveaways. Although along the way, there were some hiccups, these were resolved and definitely gave me that little push out of my usual duties to venture into unexplored grounds.
On the touristic side (my much needed one week vacation), Vietnam exceeded my expectations. I can only recommend one to check out the place, especially in Da Nang. Fantastic place. Honestly, while I had my reservations of eating at road side stalls, I was glad to escape unscathed from any side effects/tummyaches/diarrhoea. The food was suprisingly good and tasty. Met up with Hanh and had so much to talk about! :)
Onwards to Hong Kong, where I found myself filled with gratitude. Surrounded by so many fantastic friends. A string of surprises greeted me during the trip in Hong Kong. Perhaps I'm not very expressive in showing my surprise, but inside my heart I was thankful for the efforts and I see how you treasure the friendship so much. It was beyond my expectations and I cherish you all a lot.
Fantastic conversations with so many friends from the past. My very first international conference took place in Hong Kong, and now ending the whole 5 year journey in Hong Kong was very apt. I've come full circle in a way.
Met old friends like Gerald, Beatrice, Sandy, Cyrus, David, Dominic, Mindy and the memories come all back. :) how we all move on, and the progress we make after the journey with this youth organization.
And then I'm watching the rest of the new members carving their own paths, and egging them on. may you all find your passion and come the same way as we all have :)