conversation with Sarah yesterday brought up a point that she felt the success of an MCP's term is how good he/she managed the team, since the role is about people management. it triggered a little of my thoughts, agreed.. and then left the thought at the table, where we had a relaxing cool drink.
in the evening, Gildas had specially come to the conference venue and we had a mini reunion last night with some from MC 0910! Seeing Rachel and Gildas both here at Ho Chi Minh city in person.. wow.. and extremely touched that they came down.
finished the partnership launch, and the pictures turned out fantastic. both our speakers in Europe and Asia Pacific enjoyed their experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself through the whole process, negotiating and coordinating with colleagues in Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam to figure out the prices for the ordering of notebooks. Prices were initially high, but managed to drive down the price overall, and the design turned out very pretty indeed. Proud of the outcome. Mino's presentation was very well done, even I was touched by her product.
and then the whole conference ended, I had tons of reflection on the experience. Three years have passed since I was last in Ho Chi Minh City, met up with Hanh and the memories came flooding back.
then.. my vacation officially started. I went to Da Nang in central Vietnam.. and the trip is turning out as an eye opening adventure. This fishing village has introduced me to new types of food, a different kind of people in Vietnam - less crowded, less rushed. Essentially I think Vietnamese (except taxi drivers) are hospitable people. They take good care of their guests. Families are huge, cousins and all live close by and they are there for one another. A pity our culture does not do that much anymore..
Visited Hoi An, ancient city, tailor made some clothes :) ate a lot of different types of vietnamese food, took a bumboat to view the fishing village and drank loads of vietnamese coffee!
Very different view of Vietnam now, and interested in going up north to explore in the future :)