Karneval..
the event that's said to be even bigger than Christmas in the North Rhine Westphalia region.
Two weeks more.. one day is permitted for ladies to snip off the ties of the men. If you are a guy, and planning to come to this side of the world, beware to not wear a fanciful tie, it will definitely be ruined in a couple of seconds.
Went scouting for a s
uitable costume (apparently if you do not have
a costume, you look very much like a fish out of water - basically abnormal).
Came across several beautiful ones.
My initial thought: Renaissance look.
Scrapped the idea for this since the size did not fit. Then I toyed with the idea of purchasing a Peasant Girl (left). Subsequently, I found the Renaissance Queen more appealing - from rags to riches..
One would have thought the question of which costume to buy would have been solved. Nope. My size was sold out. *gasp* So the hunt continued.. tried on several pieces at the stores, and yet the smallest sizes did not fit well on me.
And the idea of Renaissance got scrapped.. and hello Storybook themes! There was even one on Monopoly.. :)
Yes, I found my costume after sieving through 1000 over costumes (and that's no lie). I really sat through and scrolled through pictures. This one was my runner-up choice...
Right : Tea appointment with the Mad Hatter.

Some others were also stunning, but I settled on something else. Final choice to be revealed at a later date... :)
Labels: costumes