Continuing on from where we left off in November, I'm still in the happiness mode. No words are sufficient to describe the joy I'm experiencing.
How was the year 2010 for you? asked my flatmate. Simple as the question may sound, the question struck a chord with me. If I were to sum it all in one word - gratitude. Of all I have heard/seen over the past months, I have seen everybody around me give in one way or another. In them, I see generosity and kindness - the very thoughtfulness has inspired me to pay it forward to others around me. And this change has been an interesting development in me, I found plenty of joy sharing through small things.
2010 was the year I decided to step outside of the country. A year where it feels like life is a kaleidescope - seeing the world through a glass half-full, and positivity radiates everywhere like the Sun. The choice to explore a life abroad has taught me innumerable lessons, about my life back home (I have a fantastic mother!) and I have a job that allows me to travel extensively, meet senior management and stretch me to the maximum.
Starting with cooking little dishes and inviting my flatmates to meals; participating in the Saint Nikolaus event (where you hide presents in the shoes on this day, it's like Christmas, just that you leave the gifts inside the shoes instead of hanging up red stockings over the fireplace), exchanging presents on Weihnachten. I've found a small circle of friends whom I dearly cherish, amongst whom are my flatmates. I was hoping to have flatmates whom I can get along with in my home, but I've gotten tons more and I'm thankful for their emotional support so far.
Snow - some people love it, others hate it. I have this smile on my face whenever it snows. Some people find it difficult to comprehend why I maintain the affection for snow, even after it shows its disguisting side to me.. (think of snow with mud) To me, snow is a reflection of Life. In life, there are innumerable things which we exclaim its beauty.. and then we realize there are imperfections that come along in a package with the beauty. There is always balance in Nature. I accept that :)
Serenity. Calmness. Positivity. Something stirred within me this year, especially December. I felt something change in myself, and my hunch is that 2011 is going to see a new me. Clarity :)