<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9360881?origin\x3dhttp://nightsoliloquy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
turning 23
was dreading turning a year older, but today didn't seem that bad after all.

the morning started off sweet :) my housemates wished me happy birthday, and when I was in the bathroom to freshen up, one of them left a golden paper bag in my room. Inside, I found a pair of mittens and a shawl. On the paper bag, there was a card fastened with a tiny golden clip. Smaranda had thoughtfully picked out the clip, the paper bag, the card, and the set of winter stuff. :)

On the way to work, my Romanian friend gave me a kiss on the cheek on the bus when she wished me happy birthday ;) in front of the German passengers on the bus, they had all these poker faces on.. Hm. Then the whole day was filled with meetings with countless people.

When I entered my office, a card was sitting on my table, along with a muffin. Figured out it was Stef's handwriting, and then we lit a candle on the muffin - my German colleagues came over to the office and sang Happy Birthday. They called themselves old ladies, I called them 'wise ladies'.

Felt fuzzy the whole morning; could feel people's sincerity, especially those who went the extra mile - I could see their efforts and I appreciate them very much. I may be miles away from home, but they make me feel like I'm not lost in this vast world.

Marina had been travelling the past couple of days, and was exhausted, but she came over at night with my present!

it's 5:46 AM now on Friday, November 26, 2010



Globetrekker..
Planning next destination:
Ohio, USA; Mexico City, Mexico Been to: Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Brazil, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Tunisia, Germany, England, India.
Goodbye
  • Alexa
  • Jess
  • Laura
  • Marinovsky
  • Shubhangi
  • Wan Xin

    resources
    X X X X
    slayerette