<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9360881?origin\x3dhttp://nightsoliloquy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
A quaint little town called Bonn
Arts is very much appreciated here. A whole bunch of us, approximately 20 in numbers, swarmed to watch a play 'The Importance of Being Earnest'. A fellow friend of ours was to star in the production. I remotely recalled during the play that the writer of this drama was Oscar Wilde, and throughout the play I could not help but notice the British wit and humour. The storyline reminded me a little of the Comedy of Errors, where the brothers are in love with separate women, but both ladies imagine themselves to be in love with the same person. A string of coincidences ensues - just in this case, totally impossible and ludicrous situations, but intelligently written in dialogue. I have a copy of the script in my hands - and it reminds me of JC, where we spent time poring over the words, annotating the text and analyzing the meaning. One of my daily activities during my life in Bonn.

Under this peaceful surface, all may not be what it seems. Outside the tower where I work, there are barracades, since the Interior Ministry of Germany suspects heightened terrorists attacks during this time. Berlin is expected to suffer from terrorist attacks, based on intelligence reports. As such, Bonn is taking stronger precaution; while there is no cause for alarm amongst us employees, the buildings around us were evacuated earlier (the Kindergarten nearby, and the offices) and bus lanes were closed because of a suspicious looking parcel. I would like to say that I'm very reassured that the security is alert and doing a good job. Ironically, I do not feel like I'm in a haven - reality is that no place in the world is entirely safe, despite what Bonn is made out to be.

I hope nothing happens and that these are false alarms. Somehow, the threats seem closer, more probable and something I cannot rule out. The place where I stay, I'm very sure I will be safe. Just not in the tower, where I work. Too many internationals, huge MNC based in Germany (rich?) - just exactly the kind of sitting duck for any attack.

it's 10:55 PM now on Monday, November 22, 2010



Globetrekker..
Planning next destination:
Ohio, USA; Mexico City, Mexico Been to: Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Brazil, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Tunisia, Germany, England, India.
Goodbye
  • Alexa
  • Jess
  • Laura
  • Marinovsky
  • Shubhangi
  • Wan Xin

    resources
    X X X X
    slayerette