<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9360881?origin\x3dhttp://nightsoliloquy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
All Saints Day
Because of All Saints' Day, we have a long weekend to relax.

On Saturday, early in the morning, I hopped onto the bus and bought 3 days worth of food to cook in the house. I went to three different supermarkets to buy all the ingredients I needed to make curry chicken and mushroom soup.

I had my first attempt at making mashed potato. Gathered the recipe from Smaranda's mother before she left, as well as the salad. Simple dishes, I had the ingredients and steps memorized in my head. Mash the potato, pour the butter and milk in - presto! Nice fluffy mashed potato. Achievement, and a pat on the back :)

So with this first success, I went on to cook the curry. Never really relished the idea of cooking, but recently I've been fuelled by the idea of saving, and somehow putting in all the effort of buying food and lugging them back made me determined to cook. The process became astonishingly enjoyable. Although the curry was not made from scratch as I conveniently grabbed one of those packets with ready-made powder inside off the grocer's shelves, I am proud to say I had my second achievement making a tasty meal for my housemates! I must say, I have a knack for not knowing the exact quantities of salt, vinegar, condiments for food - but I throw in just the right amount such that it comes out perfect.

Today was breakthrough number 3 - mushroom soup. Nope, this is not one of your fly-off-your-shelves-canned-soups, it was made from scratch. I picked out 3 kinds of mushrooms; a combination of champignons and flat mushrooms. Turned out good as well. Received the thumbsup from the housemates! =)

it's 9:41 PM now on Monday, November 01, 2010



Globetrekker..
Planning next destination:
Ohio, USA; Mexico City, Mexico Been to: Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Brazil, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Tunisia, Germany, England, India.
Goodbye
  • Alexa
  • Jess
  • Laura
  • Marinovsky
  • Shubhangi
  • Wan Xin

    resources
    X X X X
    slayerette