What Sundays really mean..
This weekend will be a long weekend, where Sundays everything is closed and Monday is All Saints' Day. Being abroad I learnt several things; to love the sunshine in moderate amounts (without extreme cold, one doesn't appreciate warmth. Without extreme heat, you don't appreciate cold). Sundays; synonymous with inconvenience but a beautiful thing in my eyes. I may not be able to go shopping, or do commercial activities; my life is only inconvenienced for one day of the week. I like the idea that we are forced to be creative 1/7 of the week; after all human beings existed in the past with no iphone, no internet, no shops - and they all were creative with the people around them. Spend time and invest into others, build quality relationships. I'd rather live life this way than live a life of convenience - I know I won't appreciate the little things in life, because it comes all too easy if you're willing to pay. When effort is put in and it pays off, success tastes very sweet - Sundays here are a reminder of that, in my opinion.
I try my first shot at making puree. Tomorrow will be my experimental cooking with indian curry. We'll see how it tastes like.