almost 3.5 months gone from home.
My ears are picking up familiar German phrases than I initially did, and it's a lot more fun in the process when I embraced the language than when I shut it out. I go 'Ah-Ha', pat myself on the back when I spot a word that I know - both listening and reading.
Be patient, go slow. Amazingly, if you listen to me speak now, I don't speak as fast as the bullet train anymore. I am not screaming if the train doesn't come, I may freeze in the cold, but I wait patiently (even with no mp3 player with me). Bonn suits my temperament because it serves as a remedy to my habits from home.
Appreciate myself. I am slowly seeing where I am good at, and little achievements make me happy. :) Glad to see initiatives helping to bridge different groups together, and hey I'm proud of that.
New goals
- Complete German classes: it starts next week, finally!!! i've waited for a month.
- A little German language every day: One page of reading out loud and translating the words to English every night.
- Have a green thumb: acquire the basics in caring for plants
- See more of Europe: Cyprus!
Planning to buy a pot of Orchid since it is simple to take care for beginners, and I figured I should go green and make a little contribution to the environment around me. Plus I have a track record of a brown thumb, so this will be a new challenge for myself. I was pretty inspired by Amy's little flourishing orchid, and she explained in a simple manner how to care for one. I guess it's time to experiment new stuff.
However, I'm running extremely tight on budget - hence the last point 'see more of Europe' may have to be sacrificed.