<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9360881?origin\x3dhttp://nightsoliloquy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Frankfurt Buch Messe
A friend of mine wrote to us asking if anyone was keen to join a bunch of them on a day trip to Frankfurt - the world's biggest book fair was taking place over the weekend.

So I thought why not? Kristin, a former intern in Singapore, is currently living in Frankfurt and had expressed a desire to meet up. This was a good chance to catch up.

All of us on the trip met at 6.30am in the morning - exhausting - and to my surprise, there was a Singaporean in the group. (I hardly ever meet young Singaporeans who are not travellers in Germany).

At the Buch Messe, a Cosplay event was going on and I guess that was the biggest hype for me at the event. Since the Buch Messe was a mere display of publications, it was a huge disappointment for me not to be allowed to buy any of them. I requested Kristin to take me to the local bookstore, where I happily grabbed a vocabulary book (1000 basic words) in German and a manga book that has been translated to German. I am coming up with all sorts of ideas to keep my motivation high for the German language, so I can acquire it faster. The traditional way of learning from the textbook does not work for me; instead of sprinkling motivation power over me, sleeping spells are cast.

After purchasing the books, Kristin taught me German, and from her I gained a strong surge of confidence and motivation in learning this language. For days/months I have been feeling that German is not my cup of tea, but her encouragement that I pronounce the words well boost that level of confidence and determination to make this work. Plus she said I learn fast.

Wish me luck!

it's 9:41 PM now on Sunday, October 10, 2010



Globetrekker..
Planning next destination:
Ohio, USA; Mexico City, Mexico Been to: Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Brazil, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Tunisia, Germany, England, India.
Goodbye
  • Alexa
  • Jess
  • Laura
  • Marinovsky
  • Shubhangi
  • Wan Xin

    resources
    X X X X
    slayerette