<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9360881?origin\x3dhttp://nightsoliloquy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
24 hours in Cheryl's life
Last night
Marta drove us all to Ikea, and I grabbed that orchid I have been speaking about. I picked out a light yellow-tinged orchid from the entire group of bright purple orchids. I'm absolutely proud of my new purchase and decoration for my room.

Somehow the orchid brightens up the atmosphere in my room. Had some neighbours visit, and after they left, I suddenly felt an impulse to re-arrange my room. Once I got down to it, I couldn't stop and I paused only in the wee hours of the morning. (More to be continued when I get back home)

Since this morning...
9am. came to the office early in the morning. first focus was to reply to emails, and make a couple of phone calls to HR in other cities.
9.15am: our new intern from Hong Kong, reports for her first day at work.
9.30am: show the intern around the Headquarters, and get to know her. Introduction to standard times for interns' gatherings, reimbursements, other processes and fun stuff. (Orientation for her). At the same time, Free Muffins are being distributed in the tower (some branding campaign is going on), I definitely grabbed one for myself.
11am: bring intern for contract signing - acquainting myself with the HR personnel. fun morning networking.
11.45am: intern starts work officially. I am back to my office, reply to more emails.
12.15pm: lunch!
1.30pm: photoshoot with 20 over interns in the company. Incredible photoshoot out in the shivering cold; we held pretty yellow umbrellas - very representative of our brand and also took shots within the tower.
2pm: yet another time back in the office. Even more calls to HR offices in other cities, to AIESEC, to interns.
4pm: screening candidates' CVs and shortlisting them. Calling Hiring manager and rearranging times to discuss the applications.

it's 9:09 PM now on Wednesday, October 20, 2010



Globetrekker..
Planning next destination:
Ohio, USA; Mexico City, Mexico Been to: Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Brazil, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Tunisia, Germany, England, India.
Goodbye
  • Alexa
  • Jess
  • Laura
  • Marinovsky
  • Shubhangi
  • Wan Xin

    resources
    X X X X
    slayerette