themen aktuell...
... is the name of my German textbook.
After listening to some horror stories (ok not actually horror) about how the teachers spend one hour teaching numbers, I made up my mind to switch schools.
Inspired to learn German when I made some enquiries at the school, and the environment impressed me on my first interaction there. Even though I am four weeks behind, I will make sure I catch up and learn all the German I need to follow my other classmates.
Also thought of an innovative way to sustain and push myself to learn German. Buying manga that has been translated to German. I am pretty sure I will struggle, but at least I start reading and getting curious what words mean, see the context in which it is used. Hey, it's a start.
Accessed Amazon.de since I could not find copies of the manga I want in the bookstore, and the system is amazing. Without me having to use a debit card or credit card.. and the books get delivered in 2 days, free shipping.
I am determined.