At long last, I found the motivation to sign up for German language classes. Initially I felt lazy after coming back from India, and needed that final push to get my fingers clicking on the website.
What was the trigger, you ask? Well.. suddenly all my friends are attending classes since the start of this month, and bringing their textbooks around.
That got me moving. What am I doing here if I am not attempting to integrate into the German culture and not learn the language? I am learning more about different cultures from the interns every single day, but somehow the integration locally is slowing down (or non-existent). I am going to be here for another 9 more months, so I am determined to master the basics of the German language.
It's funny how life leads you to one direction - German was never on my priority list of languages to learn, but as a practical choice, it makes loads of sense.