blogging from Rotterdamlet me tell you about my ordeal yesterday.
Yesterday, I spent the entire time travelling. From 12.55am when I left, I flew to Dubai, followed a morning flight to Paris. I think the entire journey took 20 hours. I then caught a local train to Paris Nord where the international trains are. That lasted twenty minutes, where I was late for my international train and had to top up my train fare to get onto the next train to Rotterdam. Unfortunately, this wasn’t a direct one (which I had missed) so I have to stopover in Brussels and take another train to Rotterdam. I don’t particularly like this switching and stopping overs – that’s like six stopovers in total for my liking. But it’s really nice to look out of the train and see the sights…
At the airport and the train station, several people spoke to me in French. Pardon my French, I only know “bonjour”, ”merci”, “excusez moi”, “madame”, “monsieur”, “au revoir”, “je mapelle”. Anything else doesn’t get to me.. But I’m glad they don’t see me as foreign, for the fact they spoke French to me.. haha.
Well, here it’s 2 degrees Celsius now, and when I breathe, there’s a puff of mist/vapour around. so cool! I’m glad the wind’s not blowing, so the weather is pretty bearable. No snow within sight in Paris. I forgot to bring along a book or an MP3, so I’m thoroughly bored.. save for this computer which gives me some solace and activity to do. had an awful time on the train from brussels to rotterdam.. it was a train which stops between Antwerp to Amsterdam, and there is no map displayed, so i had no idea where the next stop was! thankfully the announcements for the stops became clearer (i couldn't hear a thing earlier on in brussels cos there were too many people and noises around) it was a little freaky walking on the streets alone at 7pm, the sun sets really early- around 4pm